Tuesday, January 16, 2007

A little scare

Today as I was cleaning, Cori was playing about 10 feet behind me and fell from a standing position. I heard her hit, she didn't hit hard. I did the typical Mom thing, I waited for the big wail before I rushed over but it took longer this time. When I got to her, she was beet red with her eyes tightly shut. As I picked her up, her eyes opened for a split second then they rolled back in her head and she arched her back. I held her up to me and patted her on the bottom and rubbed her back pretty aggressively and she finally started to whine and wimper. I checked her head, no large bumps or anything. She was pretty mellow and lethargic for about ten minutes as I called the doctor and got us ready to go. I was really concerned that she had a concussion or had in fact had a seizure. The doctor said to watch her but that she had probably just fainted from holding her breath trying to cry.

We are keeping a close eye on her but, Lord, did that scare me.

4 comments:

Stephanie said...

JULIE! I'm so sorry, that would have scared me to death... I would have immediately thought seizure with the arched back. :( Hope she's okay.

Ren said...

OMGosh! I hope everything is ok. Poor little darling...

Julie said...

Thanks you guys for the kind thoughts, she seems fine now. I am privy to them fainting from holding their breath but when she arched her back, I nearly lost it.

Marla said...

Oh, Julie, how completely scary!!! I'm glad to hear she's fine now.